Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Home Ec Rocks!

Last night at dinner, my 6th grader told me about his first Home Economics class. He will be taking this class for the next 6 weeks. He started the conversation by asking me about our iron. My son was curious whether we had a steam function.

I responded in the affirmative and my interest was piqued! My son went on to tell me about his class. Yesterday they learned how to iron. Each child was given a square cloth to learn with. I offered to "help" him practice at home. I have a pile of cloth napkins that could use a good ironing. Matter of fact, I am sure I could provide enough laundry for the whole class to iron.

I jokingly asked, " Can you get extra credit for ironing at home?"

" Yes." he responded. " We can get extra credit if we do a chore or a cooking thing at home and a parent writes a note about it."

Yeah, baby! I've got your extra credit. We're going for an "A" in this class!

Home Ec Rocks!!!!

5 comments:

Tara R. said...

That is awesome. Seriously pile it up.

WeaselMomma said...

That's awesome!!!!!! You just hit the motherload for the next 6 weeks.

P.S. the code word to prove that I am human is baked.

Cheffie-Mom said...

You go girl! I wish my son had that kind of extra credit! LOL!

terri said...

You've gotta love the teacher of that class!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Hi! I left you a little surprise on my blog!