Friday, July 4, 2008

Faithful Friday / Count Your Blessings - Week 1

Wornoutwoman is starting a "contest" of sorts. More like a challenge to take note of life's blessings.
Every Friday for 6 weeks, I will be posting blessings that I am thankful for.
In honor of the July 4th Holiday, I'm keeping the 1st week simple.

Today the blessing I want to count is that of Freedom. The freedoms that we take for granted. The freedoms of free speech, free choice, and in freedom of how we live ( as long as we are not endangering ourselves or others). It is also a time to be grateful to those who gave their lives to protect these freedoms.

We just came back from seeing our local fireworks. Lee Greenwood's God Bless The USA is a staple in the background music. This verse pretty much sums up how I feel today.


And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.


My 10 year old son, also decided to participate. This is what he is thankful for.

1 comment:

Kimberly McKay said...

Amen to that! Great post! Thanks for writing this. I look forward to reading yours every week.