Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Random Wednesday - Random Tidbits

Case of the Blahs

"Boring is good" has been one of my mantras. With "Boring" comes lack of material to write about. It's been over two weeks since my last post. We're o.k. but I've been uninspired lately. I need to play catch up with everyone. Perhaps I can live vicariously through my blog friends.

Not that I'm Complaining

Since this weekend, I've noticed a surprising drop in emails, mostly spam. I have gotten used to cleaning my spam-clogged in-box every morning. The sudden lack of spam makes what is probably my normal amount of "real" emails seem alarmingly low. I sent myself test emails. Everything seems fine. I'm just a little spooked because I don't have an explanation.

Perhaps my email has a case of the blahs!

Showing School Spirit Today

Last Friday, a beloved teacher at my boys' middle school passed away. The whole school has been deeply saddened. Even though my boys never had a class with this educator, they are a bit in shock. Today the students are wearing their school colors and will line the sidewalk in unison this afternoon to honor this man on the day of his funeral as the procession drives by. What a neat tribute.



Lunch Line Blues / Fear of the Lunch Lady

Yesterday my youngest child left his lunch box at school. While it wasn't the first time this has happened, my husband decided that Colin should just buy his lunch at school. For some reason, Colin was a bit upset at this prospect. More like "freaked out".

As I was driving my child to school, we had a conversation about his lunch-time apprehension. Turns out he is afraid of the Lunch Lady. (Kind of ironic that one of my icons is the Lunch Lady Action Figure). Turns out the last time he bought lunch was 2 years ago and he is afraid because he does not think he speaks clearly in the lunch line.

While it may not be considered good manners, I gave him permission to point as he talks.

Update - Lunch went well. The Lunch ladies were nice. Colin discovered Cheese Bread and even bought a Trix Bar treat to help spend the money that has been sitting in his lunch account for 2 years!

4 comments:

Tara R. said...

I can remember when I was a kid, being more than a little intimidated by my Lunch Lady. I hope Colin has a uneventful lunch.

Momo Fali said...

Tell him not to fear us! I would explain that she is human and she may have bad days now and then. It's probably because her feet hurt, or she burned her arm on a cookie sheet, or her hair is pulled back too tight. I speak from experience.

Cheffie-Mom said...

I'm happy Colin had a good lunch experience -- too cute!! Hugs!!

seashore subjects said...

Glad to hear all is well. Enjoy the boring while it lasts!