Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Morning in the Garden - Happy Father's Day!

Yellow Asian Lily


Sweet Pea



Daisies

St John's Wart (with tiny bee)


Squash Blossoms


Yellow Squash


Snap Pea



Green Pepper

This is my favorite time of year! Every day is like Christmas in my garden. I had to post a few of my favorite pics I took this morning before I left for a local festival. ( If you click on the photos, you can see them full size. )

My snap peas are coming in nicely & my squash looks promising with lots of big yellow blossoms springing up. I also have my 1st green pepper coming in.

On the flower front, Sweet Peas are coming on strong as well as my lilies. I can't wait for my Star Gazer's* ( may be a hybrid of sorts) to open. My daisies are also popping up all over.

I kind of turn this place into a garden blog this time of year. Hope to have some festival photos later.....

Hope everyone is having a lovely Father's Day!

8 comments:

terri said...

Your garden seems like it's thriving very well! I love these shots, especially the St. John's Wart.

SurprisedMom said...

Beautiful photos of your garden. It looks alive and thriving. And how did you get that bee to pose on the flower?

OhCaptain said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad your garden is thriving so well!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Beautiful! enJOY your day!

Mike said...

I'm showing your pictures to my youngest daughter (the aspiring photographer) to see how to really take great photos....

WeaselMomma said...

Woe that's all growing so beautifully! I now have self-esteem issues about my less than thriving garden.

Bad Momma said...

@ Terri, Surprised Mom, Oh Captain, Cheffie Mom & Mike: Thanks! This is an example of "The Sum of the Parts is greater than the Whole". I have been going for close-up shots, using my micro lens setting. I find if you take enough photos, a few will come out nicely!

@ WeaselMomma - Don't feel bad, the squash is now suffering from blossom rot and may not make it and the other photos are extreme close-ups. The pepper is 5cm max & will be lucky to make it to the dinner table!

I have been using fertilizer which helps... Still working on pest & mold control. Oh & frequent watering helps!....

My Three Sons said...

WOW!! I love all the different flowers in your garden. Everything just looks beautiful.