Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Blustery Night

Last night we were hit by high winds of up to 60 mph. Just to be safe, I slept on the pit group in the basement with 2 of my boys. My husband and our oldest son were brave and stayed upstairs.

While I may have over-reacted, the rattling of the trees in our back yard kept me awake until I moved to safety. I slept easier, knowing that in case of disaster, at least half of our family would survive.

When I woke this morning, I was surprised to find very little damage. This afternoon I noticed our neighbor's pine tree was uprooted. Thankfully this was the worst carnage in our neighborhood.

4 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Glad everyone is safe.

My Three Sons said...

Wow, to see mother nature at it's finest! It always amazes me. That beautiful old tree, gone in minutes.

I'm glad you were smart enough to sleep in a safe place. We had a strong wind storm one night last summer and the weather man said we ended up having microburst out of it. The damage was incredible.

WeaselMomma said...

Good to hear there was no major damage.

Mike said...

Yeah, we have those high winds here in Southern California. The Santa Ana's come through here and blow everything in sight. Unfortunately the fires tend to follow them...

Glad everything turned out all right.