Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snow and Order - March 8, 2008

Episode: Snowed In

Background Story: Yesterday, when I left for work, there was no snow on the ground. Originally the blizzard was set to start Thursday night. Both myself and my boys left the house in our street shoes. They were disappointed that there was no snow day and I was laughing at the weather forecasters.

About 10:00 a.m. is when the flurries started and by 2:30 p.m., I forwarded my work # to my cellphone, called UPS & told them not to bother stopping by for the daily pick up. We were not only starting to get some serious snowfall, we also had 30 mph winds that were causing the snow to drift a bit.

I went straight home, resisting the urge to stop at the grocery store. It took twice as long as normal to travel the 7 mile route. Thankfully, everyone was driving carefully.

I made it home shortly after my kids, who arrived home with snow-filled shoes. They were drying out in front of the t.v.

We played a game of Monopoly, had dinner, watched more t.v. and went to bed. Wondering what tomorrow would bring...


Saturday, March 8, 2008

8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.- Woke up, looked outside in amazement, had some breakfast and took photos.

9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. - Realized I needed coffee, frantically searched and finally remembered where I stashed some fresh packets. I made a fresh pot of my "Go-Juice"

10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. - Made a quick blog post ( on Blogger ). I seem to be having difficulty and getting error messages.??? I'll try again later. I looked outside to see more flurries. I am now getting worried about our food supply and decide to do a photo inventory. ( Note to self: We need more milk and pulp-free o.j.)














11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. - Hubby wakes up, showers and makes pancakes. I go to start my laundry and find he beat me to the machines. Drat! Decide to play some more at " The Buzz ". Wow, that Stacey is quite prolific! Thanks Stacey for all your comments!

I notice some of my neighbors starting to shovel their driveways. Our next door neighbor is outside with his snowblower. He not only does our walks but the half of our driveway not blocked by cars and helps the neighbor across the street! What a great guy!


12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Throw in a load of laundry and make the boys turn off the t.v. I pour myself another cup'o joe and go back to my computer. The boys play a card game.

1:00 p.m. - I am called to attend to my middle child who sustained back injuries in a wrestling match with his older brother. I make the oldest put the wet laundry in the dryer while I check for any broken bones.

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Everyone is thrown outside. When I discover that the snow is too fluffy to pack, I scrap the idea of making a snowman. I go back inside for my camera....

3:00 p.m. - 4:45 Time to sign off and play Uno with my youngest!.....Hubby comes in, takes off wet clothes, sits quietly in corner, crying. He is frozen and hurts all over from shoveling and tells me to get the 2 older boys inside. I call them in but they pretend not to hear as they are busy hollowing out some snow shelters. I try luring them in with hot cocoa. They are not biting. I pull out the big guns and offer up promises of fresh-baked cookies. They drop everything and come in. As we search the cabinets for ingredients, we find out the brown sugar is rock hard and beyond stale. Plan B - we make brownies. ( note to self: add brown sugar, shortening and a 9 x 9 baking pan to grocery list. )










6:00 p.m - It looks like the snow has tapered off. No sign of any snow plows yet. Could be a few days. Food supplies are holding up.Time to think about making dinner....




6 comments:

4funboys said...

I'm not sure if I'm feeling blessed with our warm weather or not... my boys are sweating in shorts - doing yard work.

Your snow looks AMAZING. How fun is that!

Too much of any 'good thing'... isn't good I guess. But I loved the pix!

4funboys said...

oh yeah...

after viewing your photos- I'm thinking we'd all starve in just 2 days. We go to the store at least 3 times a week to get 4 gallons of milk. (and that's only if I make them have cereal in a ziplock baggie when they want it for an after school snack)

eishhhhhhh. I can't imagine not being able to go to the store.

Fire Hunt said...

We got a lot of snow to here in Ohio. My boys had fun in it all 20in.

Anonymous said...

Wow! A cold, wet and crazy couple of days! I hope there is some relief today (and a snow plow!).

Glad you're enjoying the Buzz! It's so nice to have you there with me! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Love it. Happy Party . . . hop over to mine! Blessings.

Jod{i} said...

gee next storm I am coming to your house!

:D
Jodi(aka daizie)