Friday, December 14, 2007

Tis the Season - To Reach Out to Your Neighbor

Yesterday my friend David called me to see if he could purchase unsaleable food items at a reduced cost from my shop. There is a blind Nun he regularly visits and a few elderly neighbors that don't appear to have family and are too proud to ever ask for help. David wanted to make up some Holiday Food Baskets to take to them.

I told him NO! I couldn't take money and would gladly give him a nice selection of items that are either near their sell by date, recently expired or goods marked " Sample". I told him he could bring me a sandwich from my favorite bakery.

It made me feel good to be able to help out, and even better to not only get my favorite sandwich but a piece of my favorite cake ( Carrot Cake )!!!!

I wish more people would take the time to look out for their neighbors. This is what helps make the world a better place and what the "Season" is all about!

No comments: