I am dressed in a plaid sleeveless-button-down-shirt and Bermuda shorts similar to what my mother would have worn back in the day.My middle-son is mowing the front lawn while my eldest is helping with the grilling duties. My youngest son is dividing his time between practicing his piano lessons and complaining about having to do so. My husband is working on some chores.
Before long we are seated round the kitchen table for a feast of grilled chicken, rice, baked potatoes and sauteed vegetables (yellow squash, Swiss chard, onions, peas and basil) from the garden.
I take a mental snapshot to freeze this moment in time, finding joy in the mundane.
The last time I posted was Memorial Day Weekend. Life has been good.
- The garden is coming along nicely.
- The boys are on a Summer swim team.
- Music lessons.
- Cross country practice for Alex & Devon.
- I've been trying to keep up a walking routine.
- Devon and Alex are volunteering at the library.
- I volunteered with our local Blues & Jazz Festival.
- Started "Family Black-Out Nights" for board games and non-electronic activities.
- Went to a party thrown by the family of one of Alex's friends last night and had a blast.
It has been tough finding quiet time and inspiration to make it to my blog.
I can see from my Google Reader that many of my blog friends are facing the same issues. I don't feel so bad...
Life is Good!