Sunday, October 24, 2010

Boo Who?


We've Been Boo'd

Early this week, our doorbell rang and when my hubby answered it, no one was there. Where a visitor should have been standing, sat a vinyl Halloween bag that contained a jar of foil-wrapped Halloween-themed chocolates and a note/poem. There was a 2nd page to put on our door so no one else would "Boo" us.

This has been a neighborhood tradition for the past several years. I have no idea who started this but it looks like one of our neighbors got this idea from www.boograms.com

The next night we had fun "Boo"ing two of our neighbors. What a cool twist to the old prank of Ding-Dong-Ditch!


Boo Hoo.....


When school started in September, I took the boys shopping to fill any wardrobe deficiencies such as pants, shirts and shoes. I repeatedly asked about dress shirts and pants but was told by my two eldest boys that they were fine.

Thursday, my eldest set a new record for finding out about a wardrobe deficiency, 10 minutes before we were to leave for a cross-country banquet.

Devon's shirt sleeves stopped 2 inches short of his wrists. He insisted that 3/4 sleeves are not an option and I didn't think his clip-on tie would work with a short-sleeve polo tee. I rummaged through my husband's shirts on the off-chance that he might have a shirt that shrunk and might fit my growing teen. No luck!

Then I remembered that my denim blue shirt is a men's size small from Old Navy. After convincing my son that this was really a man's shirt, I quickly ironed it and helped him cuff the sleeves. He tucked in his shirt and clipped on his tie.

Not bad!

I waited until we were in the car to tell my eldest that this is the shirt I wear for gardening!

My middle-son waited until after the party to let me know he needs new dress shoes.

I have resigned myself to the fact I am losing the battle to keep up with the Growth Spurts!



Scary Smart

Last weekend I noticed my youngest son diligently writing in a notebook.

"What are you working on?" I inquired

"A contract" he replied

I wasn't sure I heard him right. "A contract?"

In a few days Alex was to get braces. He had struck a deal with Colin. Alex agreed to give his baby brother all the candy he was not allowed to eat. Colin decided he better get this agreement in writing on the off-chance his brother forgot his promise.

Perhaps Colin should dress like a Lawyer for Beggars night!

2 comments:

seashore subjects said...

Love the neighborly ding-dong ditch! Happy Halloween!

Anonymous said...

love the been boo'd idea! just wish i actually had trick or treaters out in the boondocks. one of the few things i miss by living the country life.

**this is my 4 of 5 i'm-sorry-i've-been-a-lazy-blob-and-haven't-read-your-blog-in-forever-comment :)