Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowy Day


Yesterday afternoon we were hit with a mini-blizzard that dumped around 8 " of heavy, wet snow and creating a Level 1 Snow Emergency (hazardous conditions).

In a few short hours we went from being able to see frozen green grass to a white winter wonderland. The damp heavy snow, while making for treacherous driving, is perfect for packing for snowmen, forts and most likely snowballs.

I decided to get the (snow) ball rolling by digging out some old snowpants. I found my husband's old pair of 29" waist ski pants from his much skinnier college days. While I was able to get them pulled on (barely!), I was unable to zip them up leaving a gap that fortunately my coat was able to hide.

In my defense, I was wearing long underwear and a pair of baggy jeans. Clearly these pants would have fit perfectly if I did without the jeans. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


Don't be too impressed with my snowman (pictured above). The bucket hat is really a empty tub leftover from a can of cake frosting. It was a ploy to get the kids outside so I could sneak back in to enjoy a latte in peace.

It bought me about an hour!

Now that my "snow men" are back indoors defrosting, I need to get into "Mom Mode" and fix some hot cocoa. We also need to start cleaning the house so the boys can invite a few friends over for a game & movie night.

Hope my fellow shut-ins are making the best of this wintry weather!

5 comments:

terri said...

A nice, big, messy snow can definitely be fun if you can stay home. It's nice to find ways to enjoy it both indoors and out.

My Three Sons said...

We had about 4 inches yesterday and I thought it would be fun to go over to a county lake and take some pictures. By the time it was over the temp raised up to 35 and everything started melting and then it just didn't look as pretty. LOL

But hey, I can't complain because it made our roads a lot easier to drive on.

seashore subjects said...

Sounds like you all enjoyed the snow day.

WeaselMomma said...

I love your little snowman! There's nothing quite like a snow day. Glad to see you all had a good time.

Lisa said...

Your snowman is cute. The picture of your pants made me literally LOL!

Hope all is well, I'm back in Ohio in this Winter Wonderland. And I must say, I'm quite over all this snow already.