Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm still alive & well

I have cut back on my blog posting & reading for a bit due to a project at work which is keeping me on the computer a bit. It is also hard to find inspiration this time of year. Blah Humbug!

Kids are doing well. Report cards came Friday with no real surprises. I am happy to report that my children are getting much better grades than I did at their age. (just don't tell them; it can be our little secret!) The only big disappointment is that each of my Middle Schoolers each received 2 B's and all of these were 89s! With a smidge more work, they both could have gotten "Gold Cards" instead of "Silver". Regardless, I am proud.

We still struggle daily with getting the boys to practice their instruments . (piano, trumpet & clarinet). I find that dangling a carrot such as being allowed to get together with friends or extra t.v. or computer time seems to help. We were able to get some house-cleaning done yesterday so that a friend could come over. It also gave me an excuse to indulge my sweet tooth and bake brownies. Makes me look like a good mother but you all know better.

Winter Swim season is almost over. Between all 3 boys, we are driving 6 days a week to a pool. I think we are all ready to take the Spring off and resume swimming in the Summer.

As I hear the rain pinging on our roof, I am reminded that we are half-way to Spring! By then my life should be perked up a bit!

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

2 comments:

terri said...

I've found it harder to keep up regularly with my own posting and reading other blogs as well. Things are getting busy at work for me, and I'm also affected by the weather. It makes me rather unenthusiastic a lot of the time!

You should be proud of your boys. It's impressive that they keep up their grades the way they do, play instruments and participate on swim teams!

Tara R. said...

Ymmm... brownies!

Congrats to your scholars on their fine report cards.